Saturday, 15 November 2008

What To Do With Extra Cash

One thing I'd like to highlight today is re-education.

Sounds grandiose, but what I'm getting at is "learn from your mistakes".

When you start using the Walk Away From Debt process, you stop repaying your creditors and suddenly, maybe for the first time in years, you are awash with surplus cash!

Here is where frugality and practicality meet.

You need to act as if you never had the money. Lock It away, Invest It, Bury It in the garden or whatever. JUST DON'T SPEND IT!

Keep stashing it away and you'll see the effects of compound Interest working for you as opposed to working against you when you were in debt.

With the current financial predicament, I don't recommend banks. In fact currently, with Inflation running at 5% and the recent Interest rate drop of 1.5% you are losing money every year by keeping money in a bank :-) Hardly an Incentive to save with a bank is it?

I myself, still have a lump of money stuck with Icesave. 5 years of hard work, saving and Investing, stuck in Iceland that I can't touch, not great is it?

I think we're also bitter about how banks manifest credit, and this is another reason why banks aren't secure, as far as we're concerned.

Pensions, Stocks, Bonds, ISA's etc...?

Yet again, these are all manipulated by the government/bankers. Don't believe me?

Try this little exercise....

Go into your local bank and ask about how secure the banks shares are. You will be told all the benefits and how your investment will be secure etc.

Next ask them for a loan.

When they ask what it's for, tell them it's to buy shares in that bank, and see what happens!

Tells a story in itself doesn't it?

So then Darren, where should I put my money?

In Silver and Gold.

Don't be alarmed, you build a stash over time.

I buy Canadian Maples and Silver Eagles sent from the USA each month, and I also get freebies:-) You can too, starting from just $42.50 or about £23 a month.

www.freesilvercoins.co.uk

This is an excellent way of dipping your toe in the water without breaking the bank.

I also buy Gold sovereigns, and have quite a stash of those too, If you wish to buy or sell some, pop me a mail please.

There are of course other ways of buying silver, an excellent product can be found here:
http://www.silver-savvy.com/?hop=various1

In fact, for all the latest Info on Silver Investing, check out my Silver Blog here:

http://investmentsilver.blogspot.com/

No comments: